A Pan‐European Network of Robotics DIHs for Agile Production
Project acronym: DIH2
Framework program: Horizon 2020
Project duration: 01.01.2019- 31.12.2022
Aim of the project:
DIH² is a network of 26 DIHs, with a target to reach over 170 DIHs. The sole aim of the network is to spark incremental (cut 50% cost of advance robotics solutions, double the growth of robotics market) and disruptive (maximum productivity & optimum agility) innovations in over 300,000 Manufacturing SMEs and Mid-Caps. It will support SMEs in their Agile Production challenge (50% increase in productivity) and unleash their digitalization potential by enabling robot solutions that are more cost effective at lower lot sizes.
DIH² relies on:
- A Common Open Platform Reference Architecture for Agile Production (COPRA-AP) -based on Industrial Data Space Reference Architecture Model and FIWARE technologies- to serve the needs of SMEs by means of a continuously growing set of Robotic-based Open Standard Enablers (ROSE-AP).
- A marketplace as one-stop-shop for SMEs to access essential services for digital transformation including business modelling, technical support, access to skills and finance.
- 2 competitive Open Calls to launch an ambitious Technology Transfer Program with 260 Agility Audits, 26 cross-border Technology Transfer Experiments and 26 ROSE-AP, leveraging over 26M€ of public & private funding in advance robotics solutions for Agile Production.
- Members deeply rooted in their regional Smart Specialization Strategy (bringing €5M additional funding on top of EU funds), ensuring ‘working distance’ services for every SME in Europe - whichever the sector, wherever the location, whatever the size.
- A Corporate Sponsorship Program from equipment and automation suppliers committed with the network to get access to wider market and latest research in robotics.
DIH² will transform this network into a self-sustainable non-profit association with members all over Europe. DIH² will demonstrate that public funded research can help SMEs & Mid-Caps achieve digital excellence and global competitiveness through adopting advanced robotics solutions in Agile Production.
Relevancy of PBN:
PBN provides one of the 26 aforementioned DIHs with having am-LAB organization as its subsidiary certified by the European Union. Via am-LAB, PBN is able to share good practices possessing a fair share of experiences gathered mainly since the 1st of November 2017, when am-LAB was established. Now, six engineers and another four members of the staff working actively on innovative solutions having Industry4.0 program as the focus point of the organization and using devices like 3D printers applying multiple technologies, 3D scanner, autonomous mobile robot, indoor drone, HoloLens and a robotic arm to help developing co-operative processes. PBN also attended thematic markets and workshops earlier to learn about digitalization, so being part of this project makes sense to transfer know-how and to support other DIHs to rise and produce results.
Project budget: 15 999 942.44 EUR
Project homepage: http://www.dih-squared.eu/
Program homepage: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/
The project is realized in the Horizon 2020 programme with the co-financing of the European Union.