Danube S3 Cluster
Transnational Cluster Cooperation active on Agro – food, based on Smart Specialization Approach in Danube region
Acronym: Danube S3 Cluster
Framework: Interreg Danube Transnational Program
Duration of the project: 07.2018-06.2021
Aim of the project:
The project addresses the major territorial challenge of the Danube area – the unbalanced distribution of innovation performances between Western part of the region with a high level of development and the Eastern part that is lagging behind.
The project aims to leverage the innovation-driven entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Danube area by developing smart and coordinated cluster policies in the context of RIS3, enhance innovation management knowledge and skills and foster transnational cluster cooperation in Agro-Food sector. The sector has been selected since it is a priority area of the RIS3 in the partner regions and it is among the priorities selected for the Danube area by the JRC.
The project aims to generate a significant change by developing Danube S3 Cluster Strategy and Programme based on Quadruple Helix involvement as transnational strategic documents focused on exploiting the linkages between mutually reinforcing specialization areas across sectors.
- Romania (Lead Partner): South Muntenia Regional Development Agency
- Romania: National Institute of Research - Development for Machines and Installations designed to Agriculture and Food Industry
- Romania: The Foundation „Romanian Centre for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises”
- Germany: Steinbeis 2i GmbH
- Hungary: Pannon Business Network Association
- Hungary: IFKA Public Benefit Non-Profit Ltd. for the Development of the Industry
- Slovenia University of Maribor
- Slovenia: ITC - Innovation Technology Cluster Murska Sobota
- Croatia: EKO-SUSTAV waste management limited liability company (EKO-SUSTAV Ltd)
- Slovakia: Bioeconomy Cluster
- Bulgaria: Business Support Centre for Small and Medium Enterprises-Ruse
- Serbia: Faculty of Technical Sciences
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Development Association NERDA
- Moldova: Moldova Technology Transfer Network
- Ukraine: Institute of Market Problems and Economic-Ecological Researches of National Academy of Science of Economy
Activity of PBN:
In the Danube S3 Cluster project, the main aim of PBN is to prepare and deliver a joint training program focused on the business and innovation management issues in order to tackle the territorial challenge of lack of innovation knowledge and internationalization of SMEs.
Budget in Euro:
Project overall budget: 1790445,70 EUR
ERDF: 1263982,66 EUR
IPA: 128113,91 EUR
ENI: 129782,25 EUR
Project homepage: http://www.interreg-danube.eu/approved-projects/danube-s3-cluster
Program homepage: http://www.interreg-danube.eu/
"Project co.funded by European Union Funds (ERDF, IPA, ENI)"