Smart Factory Hub
SMART FACTORY HUB: Improving research and development and business policy conditions for transnational cooperation in the manufacturing industry
Framework: Interreg Danube Transnational Program | Duration: 01.01.2017-30.06.2019.
Aim of the project: Manufacturing industry represents a generator of Research and Development, innovation, growth and employment. Based upon increasing pressure on manufacturers (increased production capacity in low-cost economies and increased level of sophistication of supply chains in high-cost economies), the manufacturers need to embrace novel technologies, principles and approaches. In other words, manufacturers need to digitize their production, while taking into consideration also improvement in processes and human resource management. The main objective is to improve framework conditions for innovation in the area of “smart factory”. Therefore, the project’s goal is to develop R&D and business policy conditions for transnational cooperation in the manufacturing industry. Result is improved cooperation between R&D and business where based on RIS3 (Research and Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy) centered model, quadruple helix partners will be oriented to find novel solutions.
- Pomurje Technology Park-Slovenia (Lead Partner)
- Technical University of Cluj-Napoca- Romania
- Croatian Agency for SMEs, innovations and investments-Croatia
- University of Stuttgart – institute for human factors and technology management-Germany
- Profactor Gmbh-austria
- University of West Bohemia- Czech Republic
- Slovak Chamber of Commerce and Industry- Slovakia
- Pannon Business Network Association- Hungary
- Foundation “cluster information and communications technologies”- Bulgaria
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia- Serbia
- Public Agency for entrepreneurship, internationalisation, foreign investments and technology-Slovenia
- Stuttgart Region Economic Development Corporation-Germany
- Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Serbia - Serbia
Activity of PBN: PBN concentrates on Industry 4.0. and additive manufacturing and advocates digitization and the introduction of new technologies that contribute to sustainable smart factories. During the Kick-off meeting in Sárvár (9th-10th February) organized by PBN the partners had the opportunity to visit the Lenovo part of the Flextronics factory, where the application of some devices related to smart factory- robots which may replace human workforce, data counting machines- were shown.
Budget in Euro
Project overall budget: 1 838 636,6 EUR
ERDF Contribution: 1 456 071,99 EUR
IPA Contribution: 106 769,09 EUR
Project homepage: http://www.interreg-danube.eu/approved-projects/smart-factory-hub
Project manager: Mrs. Renáta Csabai
"Project co.funded by European Union Funds (ERDF, IPA)"