BRIDGES: Bridging competence infrastructure gaps and speeding up growth and jobs delivery in regions
Framework Programme: Interreg Europe programme
Duration of the project: 01/04/2016-31/03/2021
About the project: Overall objective of BRIDGES project is to significantly improve partner regions’ RIS3 implementation governance and the delivery of the structural funds; to benefit from policy learning and enhance industry-led Centres of Competence as RIS3 implementation units. The industry-led focus is Bioeconomy, it contributes to sustainable growth and industrial development.
9 institutions from 7 European regions will work together in BRIDGES project, jointly selected 3 good practice themes:
- Industry-led Centres of Compentence,
- Research2industry partnerships,
- Enabling multi-level synergies
- Kainuun Etu ltd. (FI) – Lead Partner
- Regional Council of Kainuu (FI)
- Lubelskie Voivodeship (PL)
- Uusimaa Regional Council (FI)
- Regional Development Agency of Western Macedonia S.A. – ANKO (GR)
- Soča Valley Development Centre (SI)
- Pannon Business Network Association (HU)
- European Business and Innovation Centre of Burgos (ES)
- Centre for Research & Technology – Hellas/Institute for Research & Technology – Thessaly (GR)
PBN as one of the most respected, key organization of regional development in the West Pannon region has been growing steadily since 10 years. PBN has a strong working relationship with the Hungarian National Ministry of Economy, established through earlier Interreg policy-relatedprojects and by the fact that PBN was the contractor for the relevant Territorial Operative Program. By international learning platform of BRIDGES new insights will be gained on how to shift to national wood and furniture industry (as a selected bioeconomy sector in BRIDGES) to more innovation-orientation and international competitiveness.PBN prepared an industrial competitiveness program for wood and furniture sector, so it has also good relationship with the industrial players of the selected sector.
BRIDGES homepage: www.interregeurope.eu/bridges
"The project is realized in the Interreg Europe programme with the co-financing of the European Union and Hungary."