CHESTNUT: CompreHensive Elaboration of STrategic plans for sustaiNable Urban Transport
Programme: Interreg Danube Transnational program |Duration: 01.12.2016 - 31.05.2019.
Aim of the project: developing a better-connected & interoperable environmentally friendly transport & safe system in functional urban areas (FUA) of Danube Region, overall based on integration between more sustainable means. The majority of European cities have grown around an identifiable centre, where commerce, transport, entertainment, shopping and political power are concentrated. Various instruments can be used to tackle this phenomena, such as access restriction policies, the location and pricing of parking, improvement of public transport services. Nevertheless, each of these approaches has proved to present pros and cons that need to be carefully evaluated to identify the most effective mix of solutions for each functional urban area (FUA).
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE KOPER – SLOVENIA
- VIENNA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORTATION, RESEARCH CENTER OF TRANSPORT PLANNING AND TRAFFIC ENGINEERING – AUSTRIA
- MUNICIPALITY OF WEIZ - DEPARTMENT FOR MOBILITY AND ENERGY – AUSTRIA
- THE MUNICIPAL DISTRICT PRAGUE 9 – CZECH REPUBLIC
- MUNICIPALITY OF THE CITY OF BUDAPEST, DISTRICT 14, ZUGLÓ – HUNGARY
- MUNICIPALITY OF DUBROVNIK - CITY OF DUBROVNIK DEVELOPMENT AGENCY, DURA – CROATIA
- ZADAR COUNTY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY - DEPARTMENT FOR EU PROJECTS IMPLEMENTATION – CROATIA
- PANNON BUSINESS NETWORK ASSOCIATION – HUNGARY
- MUNICIPALITY OF ODORHEIU SECUIESC – ROMANIA
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY CENTER – ROMANIA
- MUNICIPALITY OF DIMITROVGRAD – BULGARIA
- LIR EVOLUTION – BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
- VAS COUNTY AUTHORITY – HUNGARY
- ASSOCIATION OF MUNICIPALITIES AND TOWNS OF SLOVENIA – SLOVENIA
- MUNICIPALITY OF VELENJE – SLOVENIA
The activity of PBN: Implementation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) extending for the functional urban areas (FUAs). As a work package leader the PBN will participate in the development of methodology. Then we will present the methodology to the stakeholders. During this project we will preparate a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan for Sárvár (and it’s FUA). The access to parking and the environmental friendly transport use and promotion will be addressed topics too.
Project homepage: http://www.interreg-danube.eu/chestnut
Program homepage: http://www.interreg-danube.eu
"The project is realized in the Interreg Danube Transnational programme with the co-financing of the European Union and Hungary."