KnowING IPR: Fostering innovation in the Danube Region through Knowledge Engineering and IPR Management
Acronym: KnowING IPR
Framework: Interreg Danube Transnational Program
Duration of the project: 07.2018-06.2021
Aim of the project:
KnowING IPR will improve framework conditions for innovation in the Danube region by developing a transnational KnowING IPR platform, which will provide an open access tool for advanced intellectual property rights (IPR) analysis, and guidelines for improved and harmonized IPR policy framework across the Danube region.
KnowING IPR is a pioneering effort bringing advanced knowledge engineering technology to the field of IPR. The project will tackle the bottleneck of the lack of real-value IPR data and of IPR management knowledge, thereby stimulating an underdeveloped IPR market, encouraging further innovation investments and creating competitive advantages, especially for Danube region SMEs and HEI&RI.
The main result of the KnowING IPR will be a practical solution in the form of an open access Knowing Hub online platform providing knowledge extraction from patent and other databases, advanced analytics, and training for IPR extraction and management, thus enabling IPR collaboration, better informed freedom-to-operate, future trend decisions, and build-on innovation processes. Furthermore, the project will yield evidence-based Policy Recommendations for the Danube region in the field of IPR.
- Slovenia (Lead Partner): Faculty of Information studies in Novo mesto
- Slovenia: School of Advanced Social Studies in Nova Gorica
- Slovakia: Technical University of Kosice
- Croatia: IN2data
- Austria: H&S Heilig und Schubert Software AG
- Czech Republic: University of West Bohemia
- Bulgaria: Research Centre Regional and Global Development
- Romania: Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding
- Germany: Steinbeis 2i GmbH
- Hungary: Pannon Business Network Association
- Hungary: Budapest Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Serbia: Regional Economic Development Agency for Sumadija and Pomoravlje Ltd.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Sarajevo Economic Region Development Agency
- Moldova: Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Moldova: State Agency on Intellectual Property of the Republic of Moldova
- Ukraine: Agency of the Regional Development and Cross-Border Cooperation “Transcarpathia”
Activity of PBN:
As an industry and policy outreach partner PBN will helps to develop and maintain a KnowING Hub with online platform, providing open access tool for advanced IPR analysis – ensuring broader access to innovation and IPR knowledge – and guidelines for improved harmonized IPR policy framework across the Danube region.
KnowING IPR Hub will consist of 1. transnational KnowingHub web-platform (one), 2. web-based client application (one), solving the bottlenecks identified in 3. IPR Action plan for the Danube region, developed through 4. three action plan regional workshops.
KnowINg IPR Hub will contribute to development of joint policy framework, the KnowING IPR policy recommendations.
Budget in Euro:
Project overall budget: 2149800 EUR
ERDF: 1538330 EUR
IPA: 153000 EUR
ENI: 136000 EUR
Project homepage: http://www.interreg-danube.eu/approved-projects/knowing-ipr
Program homepage: http://www.interreg-danube.eu/
"Project co.funded by European Union Funds (ERDF, IPA,ENI)"