PBN - BRIDGES_Site visit will be held in Finland with the participation of PBN
The BRIDGES project partners Pannon Business Network (PBN), Regional Council of Helsinki-Uusimaa (HURC), Regional Council of Kainuu (RCK) and Kainuun Etu (KE) are organising a site visit in Kainuu on April 9th and 10th 2018.
The site visit is to the Kantola wood-processing industry cluster and the Woodpolis centre of competence (“Kantola good practice (GP)”).
PBN is importing the Kantola GP to support the set up of the advanced furniture-industry centre of competence that is the focus of the action plan (and the associated feasibility study) of the partner.
The purpose of the meeting is to gain better insights on the processes, results and further cooperation possibilities between the three participating regions.
The meeting agenda includes, besides the physical site visit, sessions on:
- the structure and decision-making process for Kantola and Woodpolis - how all the actors are orchestrated;
- funding approaches including the long run;
- new knowledge/application, what are Woopolis’s activities, how new knowledge is shared with businesses and how it leads to investments;
- exchanges between relevant university partners from Hungary and from Uusimaa and strengthening the coherence between the economic and research bases of the partner areas (as foreseen by the action plan of the BRIDGES project), results and bottlenecks from Kantola experience;
- any other issues, such as possible business cooperation.
Kantola is a BRIDGES project good practice, approved and included into the Interreg Europe good practice base, accessible here: https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/136/kantola-industrial-estate-and-woodpolis-centre-of-competence/
More information about BRIDGES: https://www.interregeurope.eu/bridges/
"The project is realized in the Interreg Europe programme with the co-financing of the European Union and Hungary."