PBN - ERUDITE – Invitation for Valuing Digital Communities in Europe Workshop
Valuing Digital Communities in Europe: A Workshop on co-creating smart digital eco-systems and territories and evaluating socio-economic and environmental impact
The workshop (February 22, Brussels – Belgium) will involve and engage participants in a practical and interactive ‘territorial design process where open social and economic innovation is used to identify, design and value, digital services, solutions and environments prioritised by local stakeholders and policy instruments and where their impact can be assessed through social, economic and environmental return on investment analysis’.
The workshop will reproduce (in a single-day format) the multi-stakeholder SEROI+ process developed by the INTERREG Europe Project ERUDITE to co-create and value new digital solutions, services and environments in non-metropolitan and peripheral areas.
Participants will follow a simple value-led roadmap for selected service areas, with four steps, that constitute the building blocks for rural smart environments and communities:
- Define policy or practice goals for the locality and the services
- Identify and engage relevant stakeholders
- Co-design the service
- Set indicators and values, estimate and then monitor social, economic and environmental return on investment
The participants will work in working groups based on five service areas using real-life examples from European Rural Territories:
- Rural hubs (multi-functional service centres, including co-working and office space, community services, food hubs…)
- Fab and Maker Labs (including Education and training)
- Public and community service platforms
- Health and well-being for seniors and people at risk
- Smart Circular Villages
More information about the programme and the registration:
"The project is realized in the Interreg Europe programme with the co-financing of the European Union and Hungary."